Arthramid 2.5% PAAG Hydrogel
MODE OF ACTION- PRECISION MEDICINE THAT RESTORES THE JOINT TO HEALTHY FUNCTION
PAAG products, although often considered equal, have clear differences in composition, manufacturing and injection techniques as well as their ability to interact with surrounding tissues. These characteristics determine the safety and effectiveness of each hydrogel.
Arthramid Vet 2.5% PAAG
Arthramid Vet (AV) is a unique and patented hydrogel consisting of 97.5% sterile water and 2.5% polyacrylamide. This combination results in a gel similar to hyaluronic acid in structure and tissue compatibility, but with a superior and longer lasting effect, as it integrates into the joint itself and is non-degradable.
AV is elastic and viscous in nature, ideally suited for injection into the joints of animals providing an innovative and safe solution to veterinarians. Arthramid Vet is supplied in a sterile pre-filled 1ml syringe sealed with a Luer lock fitting.
AV is used to treat non-infectious causes of joint lameness in animals, including both early and late stages of osteoarthritis (OA). OA can be caused by traumatic injury or usual wear and tear which causes the joint to become inflamed. As the cartilage or cushion between the joints breaks down, pain, stiffness, and swelling develop, causing lameness.
Lameness remains the most common cause of reduced performance in the equine industry. In addition to pain reduction, treatment should also serve to arrest or slow down the progression of lesions allowing for disease modification. It is now well recognised that the OA disease process can start with the disease in the synovial membrane and that inflamed synovium is an essential component in the pathogenesis, with it almost always being present in cases of OA.
As part of the OA complex, the elastic and viscous nature of the synovial fluid is abnormally low. Furthermore, the synovial membrane becomes a source of inflammatory products which contribute to the progressive degradation of the joint over time.
Studies have shown disease-modifying effects as Arthramid Vet integrates into the synovial membrane, stabilising the joint capsule, and increasing elasticity, which, in turn, reduces the onset of synovitis and its harmful effects. The formation of rejuvenated synovium improves the nature of the synovial fluid within the joint itself.
Additionally, Arthramid Vet essentially causes a ‘cushion-like’ effect in the joint which allows for the preservation and/ or regeneration of the joint cartilage contributing to reducing the pain of synovitis and OA, and ultimately restoring the joint function.
Testimonials From Clinical Practice
- Studies show up to 82.5% of horses respond with a successful resolution of joint lameness.
- Meets Animal Welfare Concerns; Arthramid Vet is not simply a lubricant or painkiller. Its unique biomedical technology that helps heal and restore the joint to healthy function.
- Made to Last; When compared to traditional treatments for joint lameness, research shows that Arthramid Vet is better and lasts longer with proven efficacy for up to 1- 2 years.
- One of A Kind; Arthramid Vet’s unique and patented IL-X Cross-Linking technology makes it the safest and most effective 2.5% Polyacrylamide (PAAG) Hydrogel available.
- Addresses Animal Welfare Concerns
- Long-lasting Beneficial Effects of treatment
- Unique and Patented 2.5% cross-linking technology
Arthramid Vet New Zealand
Registered in New Zealand to: Innovative Medical Solutions Limited NZBN: 9429041325544, 32 Hill Road, Cambridge 3494, New Zealand. Registered pursuant to the ACVM Act 1997 Number A11596. See www.foodsafety.govt.nz for registration conditions.